V. KILLING A GOD

IV. WHISPERING LIPS

"There are no gods. I shall hand the corpse of this mutant on my wall to prove it so, Eustice." Lana exclaimed as she licked her mouth from the taste of valor she craved. "If the beast of legends can fall by my claws, then so shall your deity." Lana lifted her head high with the pride of her family lineage of being the village's most powerful warriors. With much visage, she let out a roar of a bloodthirsty killer. Raindrops rolled down her face as she licked her mouth as if she was wiping the blood of her prey off of her lips. "This is my signpost to institute my prestige far beyond that of our Wynter Guardians."

Eustice could feel it in his bones. This is his opportunity to put all his passive time thinking of bettering himself to manifesting it into the real world. With all the wild ideas forming in Eustice's head, not a single one could be made a trophy out of due to his idle fingers. "But let you not forget. This information is a contract of trade. For your newfound glory upon slaying a deity, I shall be entitled "The Holy Tactician." Eustice put both his feathers on his beak as he tried to hold back his laughter in excitement to finally get the valiance he merits. Who would have the gull to deny his ability once everyone knows the reason a god lost its head is brought about from his strategy given to an ordinary lioness?

Lana smirked unimpressed by his exchange to better his status among the villagers by using her as a means to uphold his infamy. "Foolishness, Eustice. Foolishness, but be my guest of honor. You may be knighted however you see fit with the knowledge you bestow upon me. Don't let this exchange grow your head into the clouds. What use is your tactics without my ability to bring them to fruition, knave?" Lana rested her head against a rock as she let the shadow of her thoughts play out how she may prepare to take down the new fable.

Eustice raised his head in an abrupt nature. "Simpleton! Without me, you'd not have devised such an opportunity to do your family legacy proud! Why, your strength is naught effective unless guided by the foresight of the wise!" Eustice is growing weary of the constant bombardment of his intellect being questioned. The villagers he surrounds himself with at the library is one thing, but from his now partner? Who does Lana think she is to belittle his ever growing knowledge? She would stand no chance of someone far above her class if not for his ability to take advantage of the haughty. "Why can't anyone but I see the practicality of my predictions? Surely my mind is as sharp as the deadliest of claws?"

Being a lioness of few words, but steadfast in her deeds, Lana couldn't help but scoff at Eustice's silly play he concocted in his head. "Hah! Oh, Eustice. A senile bird like you who has not one thing to show for his life is claiming to be a man of wisdom? Face it. Without my strength as an eraser of legends, your analysis would never leave the pages of a forgotten children's book. Besides, your words entertain my ears, but see me not a fool. What gull do you tell yourself in front of a mirror to believe yourself so high on authority that you genuinely believe I take your words as fact?"

Eustice reeled back from the trauma of always having to explain himself. Never has he ever felt taken with epoch of grandiose. His eyes filled with rage as they began to twitch from attempting to make face to face eye-contact with the narcissistic lioness. "Surely you jest? What have I got to obtain from bringing deceit to your sacred space? Madness, I dare say. Madness!"

Lana closed her eyes at ease as she laid her body to rest on the cold grass. "You are but a jester seeking the attention of royalty, Little Bird. Throw your dignity in the trash in front of some village swine, not my royal eyes."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

XII. RUBY'S RESOLVE

I. FOLKLORE

III. WHYTE RAIN CLOUDS