PROLOGUE

TABLE OF CONTENTS

"Trust isn't earned. As erratic as the changing winds, why put faith in trust?" The fierce lioness, Lana proclaimed in a gruff voice. Walking on all fours, Lana shoved her face with a scar on her left eye in front of Eustice the eagle. Her eyes solid as stone like the drying blood on her face. "Even when there's no trust from others, you may still win them over by placing yourself above them in hierarchy."

"Has the disruption of the Wynter Force bringing the village's unrest shown you nothing at all? In these trying times, the guardians everyone has put their faith in is dwindling in their reputation. So what makes you so sure that the absence of faith could be remedied by superiority?"

"That may be so for those domesticated wolves, but with reprimand, the opportunity to regain their badge of honor is not lost. With a show of force, they could assert their dominion over the village commoners in whatever way draws out their insecurity."

"You're too blind to see that your desire to toss aside trust itself stems from your insecurity."

"I pay it no mind to have someone below me understand having authority over others. I've earned having my feet walk on solid gold. Next stop, I'll have my feet ascend to heaven's clouds themselves."

"Even if you can use fear to transform them into servants, you would toss out the option for companionship. Would the top of the mountain not be a source for isolation? I don't know if I could take such loneliness--and I'm already isolated enough. Without you, I have practically no one."

"Why have any need to be adorn? Why need the approval of others when your instincts have already given you their consent? Relying on independent variables is a waste of time and energy. I'd rather have my energy on what I have dominion over. Whether it be through admiration or fear, the only way to have your power over anything is through your own glorification. When you yourself realize your own might, they have no other choice but to idolize you. Have them bow at your feet and kiss the ground you walk, for a god is what you've been enlightened!"

Eustice let out a gag like he was choking on vile thoughts. While he is one to seek admiration similar to Lana, his views on people have yet reach the same level of cynicism. With loneliness shrouding his self-esteem, seeking approval interjected itself to every thought.

Lana scuffed as she turned around to lay on a flat rock. With its cold against the weathers heat, Lana was brought home to her chilly heart. "If you give someone your trust, who's to say it wasn't a front to take advantage of you?"


CHAPTER I. FOLKLORE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

XII. RUBY'S RESOLVE

I. FOLKLORE

III. WHYTE RAIN CLOUDS